Prawn Biryani Shrimp biryani is one of the treats for seafood lovers. Prawn Biryani is a dish that combine Fresh Prawns and Flavourful Basmati rice along with Biryani masala to make a delicious treat. This is typically served for lunch or dinner. I served it alongside onion raitha and egg kheema fry. Unlike other non veg biryanis shrimp biryani can be prepared quickly as prawns take very less time to cook.
- Prawn / Shrimp The freshness of the prawn plays a key role in the taste of the biryani. Prawns are a rich source of selenium, one of the most effective antioxidants at maintaining healthy cells. They also contain high levels of Zinc, which is important to develop a healthy immune system. Eating prawns helps build strong bones because they contain phosphorous, copper and magnesium.
- Basmati Rice always use premium quality basmati rice for flavorful biryani. I washed and soaked the Basmati rice for 30 mins before making the biryani which is a key to achieve fluffy long-grain biryani.
- Spices: Indian spices like cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves, Fennel Seeds, peppercorns and Cardamom.
- Onion: Medium sized onion can be used in this recipe.
- Tomatoes: Medium sized ripe tomatoes can be used in making this spicy rice with prawns.
- Ginger Garlic Paste: Blend equal quantities of Ginger and Garlic.
Step by step photos
Prawn Biryani / Shrimp Biryani is now ready to taste and enjoy. Transfer to a serving platter, if desired. Enjoy with more yogurt on the side. Make this on a sunday and your weekend is sorted. Serve your prawn biryani with raitha and have a wonderful meal.
Prawn Biryani / shrimp biryani
- 300 grams Prawn
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 tblspn Ghee
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 3 Cloves
- 3 Cardamom
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Mint Fistful
- Coriander Fistful
- 1 big Onion
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Green Chilli
- ¼ Cup Curd
- Wash and clean the Basmati Rice. Soak it in water for 30 minutes.
- Heat Ghee in a Pressure cooker. Add in Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom, BayLeaf, Fennel Seeds, Javithri etc and roast until nice aroma comes out.
- Add in Onion and Saute until Glossy.
- Add in tomato and salt to taste and saute until mushy.
- Add in Ginger Garlic Paste and Green Chilli. Saute them.
- Add in Curd and saute until they blend well.
- Add in Coriander Leaves and mint leaves and mix them.
- Add in Coriander powder, Garam Masala Powder, Chilli Powder and Turmeric Powder. Let them cook few minutes.
- Add in the basmati rice and mix them. Add in water. Add salt to taste.
- Bring it to boil. Close the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Switch off the flame. Let the pressure go down. Open the PressureCooker.
- Delicious Prawn Biryani is now ready to serve.
How can we store Prawn Biryani?
Biryani Tastes good when we serve hot. If you are serving the next day, Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. While serving reheat it and then serve.
Keep in mind to reheat only the required portion as you cannot refreeze it the second time.
Leave a Reply