Egg Kheema Stir fry is made using boiled and grated egg. Coconut oil used in this recipe gives a nice flavour. Grated egg is tossed with onion and simple masalas. IT gives out a nice flavored side dish. Checkout Boiled egg kheema which is variation from this recipe.
Egg Kheema stir fry
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp salt for boiling eggs
- 1.5 tsp Oil
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Mustard
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 tblspn Garlic Chopped
- 2 sprig Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Add water in a saucepan to boil eggs. Bring it to boil.
- Add in the eggs and salt. Boil the eggs for 15 minutes in med low flame.
- Take the eggs out cool them down and peel the skin from the eggs.
- Grate the eggs and set them aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Mustard and Cumin and allow them to splutter.
- Add in onion, garlic and curry leaves. Saute until the onion gets glossy.
- Add in turmeric Powder, Pepper Powder, Garam Masala Powder and salt to taste.
- Saute until the masalas cook well.
- Add in the grated egg and cook gently. Mix gently so that the egg does not get mushy.
- Cook so the masalas blend well with the egg.
- Delicuous Egg Kheema Stir fry is now ready to serve.
Step by step photos
- Boil eggs for 15 minutes or until hard. Allow them to cool down.
2. Remove the shell from the egg. Wash them and set aside.
3. Using a grater grate them gently.
4. Heat oil in a wok. Addd in cumin seeds.
5. Add in Mustard and allow them to splutter. Add in onion and saute them.
6. Add in garlic and saute them.
7. Add in curry Leaves and salt to taste.
8. Add in Pepper Powder and Turmeric Powder.
9. Add in Garam Masala powder.
10. Saute until the masalas are cooked well. Add in the grated egg.
11. Cook until the egg mixture is cooked well.
Delicious egg fry is now ready to serve.
- While boiling eggs add 1 tsp salt into the water so the eggs do not crack while boiling.
- Using Coconut oil for tampering gives nice flavour the the recipe. If you dont like the flavour of coconut oil you can use your regular cooking oil.
- While grating the egg grate them softly as the eggs are delicate and they easily break.
- After adding the eggs into the masala do not mix too much as the egg yellow would break and get mushy.