Prawn Vada / Iral Vada is very simple and easy to make. The good thing is we are only doing a shallow fry. Hopefully consumes very less oil. I served these prawn vada with Mint Chutney. There is another version of prawn vada available in my space. If you are on a paleo diet then this Prawn vada and Mint chutney is a great combination and can be had as a one time meal.
Prawn Vada / Iral Vada / Prawn Patties / Prawn Cutlet
- 250 Grams Prawns
- 2 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ Cup Coconut Grated
- ⅓ Cup Onion Chopped
- ¼ Cup Coriander Leaves Chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1.5 Teaspoon Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel seeds
- Oil as required
- Wash clean and Devin the prawns.
- Add them into a blender. Add in grated coconut.
- Add in onion and coriander leaves.
- Add in turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt.
- Pulse them in a blender into a coarse paste.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix the paste.
- Heat oil in a tawa.
- Wet your palm take about 2 tablespoon of prawn batter and flatten them in your palm.
- Place the patties into the hot oil and cook one side.
- When one side is done flip sides.
- When both sides are cooked take them from oil. Serve them with minut Chutney.
- The number of vada completely depends on the size that we are tolling them into.
- Wet your hands each time before flattening the prawns dough into your palms
- Make thin Patties so that it is easy to shallow fry.
- Do not add water while blender. The prawns are full of water and that is enough for blending.
Step by step photos on Prawn Vada / Iral Vada:
- Wash and clean the prawns. Devein them. If you want to know how to devein them click here. Add in prawn into a blender. Add in grated coconut.
2. Add in Chopped Onion and Coriander Leaves.
3. Add in Turmeric powder and Kashmiri red chilli powder.
4. Pulse for few times. until the mixture gets into a coarse paste. Add in ginger garlic paste and mix them well.
5. Heat a tawa. Add in oil. Moist your hands with water or oil. Take a ball of prawn batter flatten it in your palm.
6. Place them in hot tawa.
7. When it is cooked on one side turn sides. When the prawns are cooked on both sides. They are ready to serve now.
I served it with mint chutney.
Leave a Reply